on with 0 comments
You are here: Home » » TETRALOGY OF FALLOT
TETRALOGY OF FALLOT:
- Most common form of cyanotic heart disease; 6-10% of all congenital heart disease.
- Constellation of- Large Ventricle Septal Defect, Right Ventricle Outlet Track obstruction (pulmonic stenosis), Aorta override, Right Ventricle Hypertrophy.
- Degree of cyanosis dependent on degree of Right Ventricle Outlet Track obstruction.
- Significant RVOT obstruction presents early with cyanosis.
- Mild RVOT obstruction presents later without cyanosis (pink TET) with murmur.
- CXR- Boot shaped heart due to RVH.
- Severe TET with Pulmonary Atresia.
- Severe stenosis requires PGE to maintain pulmonary blood flow.
- Initial palliation with systemic to pulmonary shunt in infant with small Pulmonary atresia/stenosis (early BT Shunt).
- Primary repair in infant with well-formed pulmonary arteries (3-5 months)
- Asymptomatic (pink) repaired later during the first year.